Genomic Unity® Neuropathies Analysis
Test Code – NR009
Hereditary neuropathies are a group of disorders that affect the peripheral nervous system and are characterized by progressive muscle weakness, atrophy, and loss of sensation. Hereditary neuropathies can be motor, sensory, motor and sensory, or sensory and autonomic.
Genomic Unity® Neuropathies Analysis uses a whole genome sequencing backbone to diagnose genetic causes of neuropathy in 98 genes.
When to order
Order this test when clinical symptoms are consistent with inherited neuropathy. You also have the option to reflex up to Genomic Unity® Exome Analysis or Genomic Unity® Exome Plus Analysis if targeted analysis is non-diagnostic.
- Sequence analysis of neuropathy-associated genes (single nucleotide variants, deletions, insertions, and characterized intronic variants)
- Copy number variant analysis of neuropathy-associated genes (duplications/deletions, mobile element insertions, and inversions)
This test covers many disorders including:
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) disease
- Hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies (HNPP)
- Hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathies
- Hereditary motor neuropathies
- Hereditary sensory neuropathies
- Giant axonal neuropathy
- Hereditary transthyretin-related amyloidosis
81448, 81260, 81324, 81325, 81327, 81403, 81404, 81405, 81406, 81407, 81479
The CPT codes provided are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
A report will be issued within 4 weeks from receipt of required samples.