Genomic Unity® Whole Genome Analysis
Test Code – CP001
The diagnostic odyssey for unexplained genetic disorders is a frustrating and costly process for patients and their families. Potentially unnecessary delays identifying the molecular cause of a person’s symptoms may result in missed opportunities for changes in treatment and limit inheritance information for family members.
Genomic Unity® Whole Genome Analysis takes full advantage of the Genomic Unity® single platform method, providing a full analysis driven by a person’s clinical features of all relevant genes and variant types.
Include family member samples for a duo or trio. Order directly, or reflex up from one of the available targeted analyses.
When to order
Genomic Unity® Whole Genome Analysis is ideal for people with clinical symptoms that can be caused by a variety of genes or genetic mechanisms, are suggestive of multiple conditions, are atypical for a certain condition, do not have specific diagnostic genetic test available, or have had previous non-diagnostic genetic testing. Whole Genome Analysis can be ordered as a first-line test or when previous testing was non-diagnostic. When ordered as a first-line test, the diagnostic testing odyssey can be shortened compared to a traditional step-wise approach, and prior authorization may be more likely to be approved.
- Genome-wide sequence analysis (single nucleotide variants, deletions, insertions, intronic, and intergenic variants)
- Genome-wide copy number changes, including deletions, duplications, inversions, regions of homozygosity, mobile element insertions, and aneuploidy.
- Mitochondrial genome sequence analysis with heteroplasmy (≥5%) and large deletion analysis.
- Short tandem repeat (STR) analysis for adult-onset movement disorder with or without cognitive involvement: AR, ATN1, ATXN1, ATXN2, ATXN3, ATXN7, ATXN8OS, ATXN10, C9ORF72, CACNA1A, CNBP, CSTB, DMPK, FMR1, FXN, NOP56, NOTCH2NLC, PABPN1, PPP2R2B, TBP
- STR analysis for early-onset intellectual disability disorders: AFF2, DIP2B, FMR1
- STR analysis other disorders: PHOX2B, TCF4
- STR analysis for adult-onset Huntington-related disorders (requires special consent): HTT, JPH3
Short tandem repeats:
Due to the variable nature of repetitive sequences and sequence-specific differences in detection and repeat evaluation, orthogonal confirmation is performed on a case-by-case basis. Reportable pathogenic or intermediate repeat expansions may be reported with or without repeat count.
81425, 81426 (xN), 81229, 81460, 81465
0212U, 0213U (xN)
The CPT codes provided are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
Turn Around Time
A report will be issued within 10-12 weeks from receipt of required samples.