To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinical Sales Specialist – Multiple Territory Openings (Northwest, Southwest, Northeast, Southeast)
The Clinical Sales Specialist will be responsible for introducing the Genomic Unity® Whole Genome Sequencing Test for rare disease patients to Pediatric and Adult Neurologists, Geneticists, Genetic Counselors and Lab Directors in area hospitals, academic institutions, specialty clinics and neurology practices. The following territories are open: Northwest (based in the greater Seattle, WA or Portland, OR areas), Southwest (based in the greater San Francisco or Phoenix, AZ areas), Northeast (based in the greater Boston, MA metropolitan area, RI or CT) and Southeast (based in the greater Atlanta, GA or Raleigh/Durham, NC areas).
- Identify, qualify and close on new accounts for the Genomic Unity,® Test, focusing on pediatric hospitals and clinics.
- Present to and educate clinicians on the advantages and benefits of whole genome testing as a first line of diagnosis compared to standard testing.
- Pitch to genetic testing committees in area hospitals to list Variantyx as a reference lab for WGS tests.
- Engage with marketing team in lead generation activities to build a pipeline of prospects in Salesforce CRM.
- Attend regional conferences and tradeshows to create awareness of the Genomic Unity® Test.
Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Business, Marketing or Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling.
- 2+ years experience in selling genetic testing services to clinicians and hospitals.
- Genetic Counselors with demonstrated sales experience or with an appetite for sales are encouraged to apply.
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and a track record of achieving sales target in a consultative and complex sales environment.
- Strong understanding of the competitive landscape in genetic testing (single gene tests, panels and whole exomes) is a must.
- Ability to travel within the assigned region.
Social Media Content Specialist
The Social Media Content Specialist will be responsible for developing content and helping to execute the marketing plan to raise brand awareness, drive lead generation and build customer engagement. This is accomplished primarily through administering Variantyx’s social media accounts. Based on business goals, you will design and implement a social media strategy. You will create original content, manage posts, respond to followers and proactively engage with patient advocacy groups and others in a way that is consistent with the brand and marketing goals.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy that aligns with business goals
- Create and manage the editorial content calendar
- Create, edit and publish content for social media campaigns, ad campaigns, blog posts, company newsletters, email campaigns and targeted mail campaigns with appropriate channel adaptation. May also include creating content for longer form materials such as brochures, technical notes, etc
- Track, analyze and report on the progress and outcome of activities to enable agile adaptation of running campaigns and to inform planning for future campaigns
- Monitor trends and participate in social media conversations relevant to the industry and business
- Identify and proactively engage with advocacy groups, research organizations, bloggers, news and media producers, etc who can help spread awareness
- Build and manage a user community, facilitate engagement with and among community members
- Keep abreast of current trends in social media and supporting technologies and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline. An advanced degree in genetics / molecular biology (MS, PhD) would be an advantage
- 2+ years social media experience in a clinical or life sciences setting
- Excellent copy writing skills
- Proven ability to produce creative, scientifically sound content (text, image, video)
- Ability to tie social media metrics to business metrics
- Self-motivated to proactively reach out and establish dialogue with relevant individuals and groups
- Knowledge of graphic and web design principles, SEO best practices
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Bioinformatic Operations Specialist
Variantyx manages a complex and highly detailed bioinformatics manufacturing system, comprised of multiple services and software packages. The role of the Bioinformatic Operations Specialist is to maintain a high level of productivity by addressing alerts, assisting in product/feature releases and communicating any systemic problems that can be addressed with procedure or software changes.
- Command and control of bioinformatic manufacturing from raw data to delivered report
- Daily review of alerts from the production system
- Resolution of issues with the relevant stakeholders in the company
- Observation of patterns and systemic problems for championing change
- Assistance with Competency, validation and onboarding of customers by preparing studies
- Review, study and implementation of company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), participation in authoring
Undergraduate education in a relevant field of biology, additional computer science a plus.
- Attention to details
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows environments
- Basic experience in BASH, scripting a plus
- Ability to communicate, interact and report, both with customers and peers/managers
- Eager to learn and make a positive impact