Clinical Sales Specialist
The Clinical Sales Specialist will be responsible for introducing the Genomic Unity® Whole Genome Sequencing Test for rare disease patients to Pediatric and Adult Neurologists, Geneticists, Genetic Counselors and Lab Directors in area hospitals, academic institutions, specialty clinics and neurology practices. The following territories are open: Northeast (based in the greater Boston, MA metropolitan area, RI or CT), Southeast (based in the greater Atlanta, GA or Raleigh/Durham, NC areas), Midwest (based in greater Chicago, IL, Indianapolis, IN or St Louis, MO areas) and Southcentral (based in Denver, CO metro area).
- Identify, qualify and close on new accounts for the Genomic Unity® Test, focusing on pediatric hospitals and clinics
- Present to and educate clinicians on the advantages and benefits of whole genome testing as a first line of diagnosis compared to standard testing
- Pitch to genetic testing committees in area hospitals to list Variantyx as a reference lab for WGS tests
- Engage with marketing team in lead generation activities to build a pipeline of prospects in Salesforce CRM
- Attend regional conferences and tradeshows to create awareness of the Genomic Unity® test
Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Business, Marketing or Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling.
- 2+ years experience in selling genetic testing services to clinicians and hospitals
- Genetic Counselors with demonstrated sales experience or with an appetite for sales are encouraged to apply
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and a track record of achieving sales target in a consultative and complex sales environment
- Strong understanding of the competitive landscape in genetic testing (single gene tests, panels and whole exomes) is a must
- Ability to travel within the assigned region
Content Marketing Manager
Are you passionate about helping people learn about new technologies through writing? Do you enjoy distilling complex scientific concepts into language that the average person understands and finds engaging? Do you like interacting with people through different channels of communication? We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager with proven creative and technical writing skills to join our marketing team. In this role you will be accountable for developing technical, scientific content that raises brand awareness, drives lead generation and builds customer engagement and retention for our genetic testing products. You will create original content, distributing it via print and digital channels that you manage including the website, social media channels, email and newsletters.
- Create and manage an editorial content calendar that aligns with business goals
- Create, edit and publish content for brochures and flyers, case studies, presentations, the website, social media campaigns, ad campaigns, blog posts, company newsletters, email campaigns and targeted mail campaigns
- Channel management of digital content including the website, social channels, email and newsletter distribution
- Track, analyze and report on content engagement to inform planning for future projects and activities
- An advanced degree (MS, PhD) in a scientific discipline, particularly in genetics / molecular biology
- 2+ years experience writing in a clinical or life sciences setting
- Must be able to provide writing samples
- Excellent copy writing skills
- Proven ability to produce creative, scientifically sound content
- Self-motivated to proactively reach out and establish dialogue with technical experts who can provide input on relevant topics
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with WordPress and Google Analytics and basic SEO understanding would be beneficial
Boston, MA metropolitan area preferred, but remote candidates with the right qualifications will also be considered
Variantyx manages a complex and highly detailed bioinformatics manufacturing system, comprised of multiple services and software packages. The role of the Biotechnologist is to maintain a high level of productivity by addressing alerts, assisting in product/feature releases and communicating any systemic problems that can be addressed with procedure or software changes.
In this position, you will learn how biotechnology is translated into an orderable medical laboratory test, and becomes widely available to doctors and patients. In addition, you will learn how the flow of cases in a complex system is achieved, how to solve problems and identify trends that translate into software features and process implementation. You will learn (and master) how to use bioinformatics in a clinical setting.
- Command and control of patient data processing
- Review of alerts from the production system and communication with peers
- Observation of patterns and systemic problems for championing change
- Assistance with Competency, validation and onboarding of customers by preparing studies
- Review, study and implementation of company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), participation in authoring
Requires a B.Sc. in either biology, chemistry, biochemistry or equivalent in a relevant field of biology. Additional computer science is a plus.
- Attention to details
- Working knowledge of Windows/mac environment (Linux a plus)
- Ability to communicate, interact and report, both with customers and peers/managers
- Eager to learn and make a positive impact
Work will be performed remote/online. Offices in Framingham, MA