Clinical NGS Laboratory Technician
Variantyx is a technology-driven precision medicine company providing state-of-the-art diagnostic solutions for the rare genetic disorders and reproductive genetics markets, and treatment optimization in oncology.
Our proprietary whole genome analysis platform allows us to better understand a person’s genetic makeup, leading to unmatched diagnostic capabilities and improved personalized treatment recommendations.
About the position:
The Clinical NGS Laboratory Technician performs high complexity laboratory testing on patient specimens across various assays and platforms. This role will be performing quality control and quality assurance procedures while complying with all applicable local, state, and federal laboratory requirements. Including CAP/CLIA and New York State Requirements.
The position is full-time with weekend coverage required.
- Processing specimens for high complexity testing using automated systems and/or manual procedures in accordance with the laboratory’s standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Accession samples in LIMS.·
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) with other sequencing and assay platforms.·
- Some of the processes: DNA isolation – Manual and Automated, Generate NGS libraries, Manual and Automated, PCR amplification,
- NGS using Illumina NovaSeq6000 and Nanopore PromethION platforms, data analysis, tissue, and cell culture.
- Maintain strict standards of quality.
- Assist in general upkeep of the laboratory.
- Maintain laboratory supplies and inventory.
- Write, review, and maintain SOPs and Policies.
- Participate in quality control and quality assurance activities.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instruments according to SOPs.
- Participate in continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor.
Education & Skills:
- A BSc, MSc in life sciences/Biology/Molecular Biology/Biochemistry or related field.
- Qualifications compatible with Massachusetts and/or New York CLIA General Supervisor classification (per CFR § 493.1461 ) are desirable but not required.
- Experience with NGS techniques is required
- Experience with the Illumina sequencing platforms is highly desirable
- Minimum 2-year experience in a high complexity molecular diagnostic laboratory
- Experience with and understanding of general laboratory equipment
- Basic understanding of human genetics and biology of DNA/RNA.
- Proficiency in molecular biology techniques.·
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess excellent computer literacy skills (Google and/or Microsoft suites, spreadsheet calculations).
- Understanding of NGS data and metrics is highly desirable.
- Experience working with automated liquid handlers is highly desirable.
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com