IriSight™️ Prenatal Analysis
Test Code – RPG001
IrisightTM Prenatal Analysis is a clinical diagnostic test designed to identify genetic variants that correlate with clinical symptoms manifested in a fetus or a pregnancy, or that lead to severe, early-onset genetic disorders.
When to Order
Order this test when amniocentesis has been determined to be medically necessary due to ultrasound abnormalities.
- Genome-wide sequence analysis sequence analysis including single nucleotide variants, deletions/insertions, and characterized intronic variants.
- Genome-wide structural variant analysis including: copy number variants, duplications/deletions, regions of homozygosity, uniparental disomy, mobile element insertions, inversions, and aneuploidy.
- Mitochondrial genome sequence analysis with heteroplasmy and large deletion analysis.
- Short tandem repeat (STR) analysis of four genes: AR, DMPK, FMR1, and FXN.
- Maternal cell contamination (MCC) is determined for quality control purposes. Parental inheritance will be identified for reported variants if available.
Short tandem repeats:
Due to the variable nature of repetitive sequences and sequence-specific differences in detection and repeat evaluation, orthogonal confirmation is performed on a case-by-case basis. Reportable pathogenic or intermediate repeat expansions may be reported with or without repeat count.
81415, 81416 (xN), 81229, 81265
Optional – 81425, 81426 (xN), 81228, 81265
The CPT codes provided are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
2 confluent T-25 flasks
Turn Around Time
A report will be issued within 20-30 days from receipt of required samples. If elected, a preliminary report based on FISH will be issued within 3-5 days for aneuploidies of 13, 18, 21, X and Y.