We are a passionate group of like-minded individuals, all contributing to our vision of whole genome sequencing (WGS)-based diagnostic testing becoming the standard of care. Our mission is to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective genomic testing to patients using WGS.
Variantyx is seeking a talented Systems Engineer to join our growing technical team. The Systems Engineer will be a contributor to ongoing improvements of company systems infrastructure and solutions required to scale our systems in support of the growth of our databases, processes, data analytics, and clients.
- Knowledge of Linux server administration including but not limited to; software installation, troubleshooting and working with network security systems.
- Setting up day to day maintenance of production systems, performing resource monitoring and performance tuning and scaling of infrastructure as needed.
- Monitor and address security concerns and apply upgrades and patches to operating systems.
- Work with senior team members to develop strategies to maintain and enhance platform availability, utilization, and security standards.
- Help research, evaluate and promote new technologies, monitoring and infrastructure as code tools across platforms.
- Document system operational procedures and best practice guidelines.
- Perform server builds using configuration management and automation, operating system migration, and integration of monitoring tools and metrics and create or modify bash and python scripts to automate tasks.
- 3-4 years’ experience administering any flavor of Linux. Knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Great troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with limited supervision (network, hardware, OS, performance related problems).
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Understanding of protocols and concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, NFS, CIFS, HTTP, SSL, NAT and load-balancing.
- Experience with operating large-scale production systems in SaaS type environments.
- Experience with log monitoring tools like Splunk and infrastructure monitoring tools like Zabbix and Nagios.
- Able to lift 50 to 60lbs for moving and racking servers and previous experience working in a data center.
Preference to applicants with
- Demonstrated experience working with virtualization technologies (e.g., KVM, VMware)
- Experience with Ansible and Foreman
- Practical knowledge of information security best practices
- DevOps experience (git, Jenkins, travis)
- Experience working within audited environments (HIPAA/PCI)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org