We are a passionate group of like-minded individuals, all contributing to our vision of whole genome sequencing (WGS)-based diagnostic testing becoming the standard of care. Our mission is to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective genomic testing to patients using WGS.
Variantyx is seeking a talented Systems Engineer to join our growing technical team. The Systems Engineer will be a contributor to ongoing improvements of company systems infrastructure and solutions required to scale our systems in support of the growth of our databases, processes, data analytics, and clients.
The Systems Engineer shall be responsible for:
- Knowledge linux server administration including but not limited to; software installation, troubleshooting and working with network security systems.
- Setting up day to day maintenance of production systems, performing resource monitoring and performance tuning and scaling of infrastructure as needed. ● Monitor and address security concerns, and apply upgrades and patches to operating systems.
- Work with senior team members to develop strategies to maintain and enhance platform availability, utilization, and security standards.
- Help research, evaluate and promote new technologies, monitoring and infrastructure as code tools across platforms.
- Document system operational procedures and best practice guidelines. ● Perform server builds using configuration management and automation, operating system migration, and integration of monitoring tools and metrics and create or modify bash and python scripts to automate tasks.
In order to qualify you must have:
- 3-4 years experience administering any flavor of Linux. Knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Great troubleshooting and problem solving skills with limited supervision (network, hardware, OS, performance related problems).
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Understanding of protocols and concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, NFS, CIFS, HTTP, SSL, NAT and load-balancing
- Experience with operating large-scale production systems in SaaS type environments ● Experience with log monitoring tools like Splunk and infrastructure monitoring tools like Zabbix and Nagios
- Able to lift 50 to 60lbs for moving and racking servers and previous experience working in a data center.
Preference to applicants with:
- Demonstrated experience working with virtualization technologies (e.g., KVM, VMware)
- Experience with Ansible and Foreman
- Practical knowledge of information security best practices
- DevOps experience (git, Jenkins, travis)
- Experience working within audited environments (HIPAA/PCI)
Remote interview process. Hybrid work schedule that is flexible. Mostly remote but in office when needed, including onsite time at data center.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com