Scientist/Senior scientist, Translational Oncology
You will contribute both as an individual contributor and as part of a team in support of Variantyx’s medical reporting process by carrying out literature research, scientific analysis, and scientific writing. You will perform regular, systematic reviews of the scientific literature and medical sources. This is not a laboratory position.
- Create succinct summaries from complex and potentially contradictory primary literature sources and write descriptive annotations about these alterations, including their biological function, pathogenicity assessment, diagnostic relevance, and potential response to target therapies as defined in the corresponding Standard Operating Procedure.
- Generate new clinically focused content and/or guidelines based on a review of scientific literature, existing guidelines, and other sources.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Variantyx clinical oncology knowledgebase.
- Develop and contribute to new methods and algorithms to identify and characterize alterations in tumor DNA and RNA derived from clinical cancer specimens.
- Perform data quality control testing and maintain quality management programs according to written policies and procedures. Recognize and resolve abnormal, unusual, or unexpected results; appropriately identify issues that require further action.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology or genetics
- A minimum of 3 years of academic study (postdoctoral work) or work experience with cancer biology, and/or clinical oncology
- Strong publication record as author of publications in peer-reviewed journals in the field of oncology
- Familiarity with current research and topics in cancer biology, targeted therapeutics, and oncology clinical trials
- Thorough understanding of genetic and biochemical pathways
- Demonstrated ability to read, rapidly distill and interpret documents such as peer-reviewed scientific journal articles and curate pertinent data findings in a clear and detail-oriented manner.
- 2 years of experience in variant analysis/interpretation and familiarity with NGS analysis are required
- Strong interpersonal skills, including effective oral and written communication skill
- Please submit your application package (cover letter, resume, bibliography). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com