NGS Research Scientist
The NGS Research Scientist is an on-site full-time position at Variantyx, Inc. located in Framingham, MA. The Scientist participates in the development of high-complexity molecular assays using next-generation sequencing methods in order to identify somatic and germline variants contributing to tumor development using manual and automated methods. Assays developed will cover a broad range of applications including but not limited to characterization of primary tumors and metastases, monitoring cancer recurrence, and detection of minimum residual disease.
- In collaboration with senior research personnel, develop and execute high-complexity workflows using next generation sequencing technologies that will detect and monitor somatic and germline variants that drive tumor formation, resistance and spread.
- Participate in design and execution of feasibility experiments to evaluate competing methods in, but not limited to, nucleic acid isolation, DNA and RNA library preparation, hybrid capture and next-generation sequencing
- Develop and assess quality metrics to gauge sample integrity and suitability for analysis at each stage of testing.
- Participate in design and execution of validation studies as required by CLIA, CAP and NYSDOH guidelines.
- Development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and equipment maintenance and testing protocols to ensure compliance while maintaining all required records and documentation for continual inspection readiness.
- Participate in troubleshooting assay and equipment issues.
- Collaborates with IT and Bioinformatic scientists to ensure clinical samples are properly tracked (through LIMS) and analytically processed (analysis pipelines).
- Participate in test launch and post launch activities.
- Participate in verification and validation studies for process improvements, new equipment, and new technology transfer.
- Assist with laboratory inventory to ensure productivity goals are met.
- Maintain positive working relationships and effective communication within and across teams.
- Other related duties as required.
- MSc or PhD in Biology, Genomics, Molecular Oncology or related life science
- 3-5 years relevant work experience including next generation sequencing technologies and familiarity with automated liquid handlers.
- Experience in development and validation of high-complexity molecular assays in a regulated environment is strongly preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com