NGS Clinical Laboratory Supervisor
The Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Clinical Laboratory Supervisor is an on-site position in Framingham, MA, full time with optional weekend shifts. The Laboratory Supervisor will hold this position with other Laboratory Supervisors.
Laboratory responsibilities will be defined and organized among the Laboratory Supervisors. The Laboratory Supervisors will be responsible for sample preparation, for molecular diagnostic applications including but not limited to NGS, supervising laboratory personnel, conducting and overseeing quality assurance and quality control, validations, and collecting, analyzing, troubleshooting, and interpreting laboratory results.
- Manage clinical samples.
- Supervise and manage laboratory daily activities with multiple testing personnel.
- Plan daily and weekly workload of technicians.
- Responsible for testing personnel receive regular in-service training and education appropriate for the type and complexity of the laboratory services performed.
- Maintain LIMS, oversee sample accessioning, tracking and storage.
- Monitor laboratory activities to improve efficiency.
- Responsible for noting problems and trends, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Responsible for resolving technical problems and ensuring remedial actions are taken, and documented, whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Develop and maintain laboratory Policies and SOPs.
- Plan, prepare and supervise laboratory services under regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and manage laboratory compliance with certifications and accreditations.
- Responsible for maintaining laboratory records, reports, and files.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies and reagents.
- Support the management of laboratory purchase of inventory, storage, and supplies usage.
- Supervise preparation of samples for capillary sequencing (Sanger) and NGS testing, which will include but not limited to cell culture, DNA isolation of various sample types, DNA QC, PCR, library preparation library quantification and sequencing on the Illumina, Thermofisher, and Oxford Nanopore sequencing platforms.
- Assist in assay validation.
- Interpretation of sequencing quality data.
- On-time delivery of client sample testing within quality specifications.
- Adhere to quality management systems and laboratory Policies and SOPs.
- Maintain laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as required
- Additional responsibilities as determined by the VP Laboratory Operation and Quality Assurance.
Education: BSc, MSc or PhD degree in Biology, Medical Technology, or related life science
- BSc with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in relevant laboratory areas of supervision.
- MSc with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in relevant laboratory areas of supervision.
- PhD with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in relevant laboratory areas of supervision.
- Technologies: NGS (generation sequencing technologies), library preparation, Illumina sequencing NovaSeq 6000 preferred, familiarity with automated liquid handlers.
- Experience in development and validation of high-complexity molecular assays in a regulated environment is strongly preferred.
- This is an on-site position in Framingham, MA, Full time with optional weekend shifts.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org