IT Lab Technician
Join our small but mighty IT team here at Variantyx as an IT Technician specializing in the support of new and rapidly growing CLIA and CAP-accredited wetlab.
Your primary function will be providing day-to-day lab IT support for both hardware and software. You will be aiding the team with our ongoing laboratory projects while we continually expand our lab capabilities. You will be supporting multiple analysis instruments and using a variety of different platforms and softwares. You will be the glue between the IT department and our Lab team to ensure we are aligned on future projects including creating technical documentation, and training our lab team on any new IT Technology. You’ll have the opportunity to bring forward new hardware and software solutions to improve the genomics teams’ interactions with the IT environment.
- Direct point of contact for Lab employees’ IT support requests – Troubleshooting instrument software and devices including but not limited to user access, network settings, backup, and storage management
- Manages Lab IT help requests within Jira Service Desk Manager
- Ensures timely completion, follow-up, and documentation of all support requests
- Receive training from various vendors on a variety of systems in order to provide robust support in the lab.
- Assisting with lab employee onboarding, including account creation, laptop building and employee IT orientation
- Improving our Lab environment by redeveloping current processes and procedures
- Document and maintain IT procedures in a controlled and secured environment.
- Supporting Windows machines hardware and software configurations.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the software and hardware issues on various lab instruments, either independently or in tandem with instrument vendors, instruments include but are not limited to:
- Agena MassArray
- Agilent 4200 TapeStation System
- Illumina NovaSeq6000
- NanoDrop One/Eight
- Nanopore PromethION
- ThermoFisher QuantStudio 12K Flex
- ThermoFisher SeqStudio
- SensoScientific Thermometers
- Olympus H&E scanner
- Revamping our access management to lab equipment.
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Training staff on newly installed hardware and software systems.
- Ensuring security software is kept up to date.
- This role is full time onsite and 7AM-3PM EST
- 1-3 years IT support experience in a Windows/Mac environment
- 1-3 Years’ experience working within a high complexity CLIA laboratory.
- The ability to multitask and manage time with limited supervision is a must
- Strong communication skills via email, speaking, and instant messaging.
- Strong customer service skills
- Additional requisites include: strong organizational and interpersonal skills, a process-oriented mindset, strong problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to work independently, a results-oriented attitude with the ability to prioritize, and a talent for interacting with people at all levels
- 2 or 4-year degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Scripting and automation background
- IT Certifications (A+, Network+, Google Certs, Microsoft Certs)
Location: Framingham, MA
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com