Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Manager will lead and manage the daily operations within the Human Resources (HR) department to include talent acquisition, benefits, compensation, HR analytics, leave management, employee engagement, training, performance management, employee relations and company policy oversight.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Approaches Human Resources as a strategic business partner to leaders and with an “Order Maker’ mentality.
- Implements HR programs and initiatives aligned with the overall HR and Company strategy.
- Partners with the managers to understand and execute their department talent needs for current and future priorities, recruiting, engagement and retention.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and retention of our key talent.
- Develop and improve HR systems, tactics, and procedures with a Best Practices mentality across the organization.
- Uses data and analytics to make fact-based decisions impacting our workforce and Company programs.
- Leverages Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in decision making and promotion of Company programs.
- Manages Payroll processing in the US and coordination with external parties in Israel.
- Utilizes a Great Places to Work mentality to drive contemporary HR programs and services for the Variantyx workforce.
- Manage the Performance Review program inclusive of communications, training, analytics, and Management reporting.
- Manages salary planning to stay ahead of market practices and align pay with performance.
- Partners with the IT team to advance Sage HRMS initiatives covering employee and manager self-service with a focus on increasing HR automation.
- Manages Company Benefits programs and carrier/broker relationships covering annual open enrollment and ongoing new hire benefits elections and enrollments. Coordinates benefit elections with Payroll facility to align premium deductions and reconciliation of carrier billing and coordination with Finance.
- Promotes and initiates employee and leadership communications regarding Human Resources programs and initiatives.
- Promotes company soft skills and leadership training. Seeks automated solution (ie. Learning Management System) to facilitate training across our distributed and global workforce.
- Seeks Best Practices recognition for Variantyx across both industry and geographical publications.
- Manages the Human Resource department with focus on Federal and State Employment Laws and at times processing of filings and unemployment management.
- Minimum of 5-7 years in an HR Generalist/Manager capacity required.
- 2-3 Years of Company Benefits experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a healthcare or genetic testing organization preferred.
- Prior experience in an early-stage, fast-paced environment preferred.
- Business-focused HR acumen; strong financial acumen.
- Working knowledge of HR systems utilizing metrics to drive priorities and outcomes.
- Microsoft Suite of Products expertise (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and working knowledge of Google Docs and suite of products
- Strong employee relations expertise: ability to influence leaders and outcomes.
- Focus on employee needs.
- Prior experience with staff management
- Experience with payroll administrative and processing – preferred
- Proven active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills required.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- In-depth knowledge of labor laws.
- Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to prioritize and multitask and take initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience is required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP desired.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org