Director of Laboratory Operations
We are transforming precision medicine.
Variantyx is a technology-driven precision medicine company providing state-of-the-art diagnostic solutions for the rare genetic disorders and reproductive genetics markets, and treatment optimization in oncology.
Our proprietary whole genome analysis platform allows us to better understand a person’s genetic makeup, leading to unmatched diagnostic capabilities and improved personalized treatment recommendations.
Responsible for duties as designated by the technical supervisor and may include: being available to testing personnel at all testing times to provide supervision of high complexity testing and maintain quality standards, assuring that all remedial actions are taken whenever necessary, helping to ensure that all regulatory standards are met and maintained, and that all procedures are reviewed and approved, are available in the laboratory procedure manual, and providing orientation to and evaluating and documenting the performance of all testing personnel.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day production operations, that is, delivery of high-quality laboratory results
- Manage lab team members:
- Establish shifts needed for the processes
- Establish goals both career and productivity-wise
- Support team members in their training and development
- Setting expectations, and performance management
- Establish staffing plan and act as hiring manager into the team
- Coordinate with other teams to introduce process improvements and new products into the production line
- Develop and monitor metrics for each part of the process:
- Primary QC metrics
- Step level turnaround times
- Human level errors
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (BSc) in life sciences/Biology/Molecular Biology/Biochemistry or related
6+ years experience in a high complexity molecular diagnostic laboratory
- Experience utilizing general laboratory equipment, such as micro-pipettes, qPCR instrumentation, thermal cyclers, Tapestations, and Sequencers.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing
- Basic understanding of genetics
- Experience in NGS data analysis/bioinformatics
- Experience in automation
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com