Clinical Genomic Variant Scientist
Variantyx provides cutting-edge diagnostic tools coupled with cross company teamwork to foster a meaningful and exciting career applying genomic medicine to diagnose patients with rare disease. For more than 7 years Variantyx has established itself as the industry leader in clinical genomic sequencing and interpretation as the first diagnostic lab to provide a comprehensive clinically validated whole genome test that includes structural variation, short tandem repeats, and large and small chromosomal abnormalities from a single base to the whole chromosome.
As a Clinical Variant Scientist located in the US or Israel, you will be responsible for the interpretation and analysis of genetic variants that are identified by our Genomic Intelligence® platform.
Your duties will include interpreting sequence variants in the context of genetic disorders, curating medical and molecular literature, and compiling clinical draft reports.
- Process and classify variants in accordance with company SOP
- Consult with the Laboratory Directors, Genetic Counselors or Technical team members regarding variant assessment
- Communicate with customers and peers within the company
- Provide feedback for product enhancement
A person competent to record and report test results promptly, accurately, and proficiently, and for assuring compliance with applicable regulations.
Qualifications & requirements
- PhD in Molecular Biology or Genetics or MSc/MS in Genetic Counseling or BS/BSc in a relevant field and 2 years of experience in variant analysis/interpretation
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a clinical diagnostic genetic lab using NGS testing and ACMG variant scoring
- Experience with NGS analysis is required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com