Variantyx is a rapidly growing CLIA/CAP laboratory providing highly specialized genetic testing to clinicians and their patients. In this high visibility role reporting to the VP, Market Access and Reimbursement you will be responsible for developing and executing companywide RCM initiatives and overseeing day-to-day RCM activities to directly contribute to overall company growth and profitability.
Variantyx, Inc. is looking for an experienced Medical Billing Specialist to help complete our daily billing tasks to include claim submission and follow-up, Focus on Medical Records and Patient Statement, EOB review and posting, claim adjustments, payment posting, and appeal submission. Strong organizational, data entry, attention to detail and follow-up abilities are a must for a successful candidate. Ideal candidate will have extensive experience in denial and appeal management for genomic testing.
- Create claims and submit to third party payors.
- Focus on Medical Records and Patient Statement,
- Conduct follow-up inquiries for outstanding claims with third party payors.
- Review claims issues, make corrections as needed, and rebill.
- Review explanation of benefits to ascertain if the claim processed and paid correctly.
- Identify trends and work with the Billing Manager for resolution.
- Complete adjustment forms if any adjustments need to be made to an account and attach all supporting documentation.
- Assist in creating and submitting appeal packages for denied claims.
- Performs other essential duties as assigned.
Your Skills And Qualifications As a Revenue Specialist
- An associate’s degree in healthcare or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and SalesForce.
- Genetic and or pathology billing knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures with the ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Ability to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary data & information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels; both internal and external.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org