Automation Validation and Support Engineer
Variantyx has established a CLIA/CAP laboratory and is expanding our automation team. The Automation Validation and Support Engineer will conduct all the support tasks necessary in a modern automated clinical laboratory that processes multiple biomolecules (DNA, RNA, cfDNA/RNA, proteins) and tissue types.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting complex automation workflows, with a wide range of life sciences and industrial automation hardware. Clinical assay volumes are growing rapidly and Variantyx is investing in a highly automated process.
- Work with the operations teams to transition existing manual processes to automated workflows
- Support a highly automated lab processes, ensuring that each piece of equipment is operating as intended
- Be a first-line expert troubleshooting resource for the laboratory staff
- Develop preventative maintenance regimens for each major piece of hardware
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance procedures for all instrumentation
- Interface with external vendors for installs, upgrades, maintenance
- Demonstrated experience in a high throughput testing environment
- Tenacity for troubleshooting and an eye for detail
- Experience and comfort in a dynamic startup environment, working with colleagues of diverse responsibilities
Location – Framingham, MA
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com